UHF before Incite
The University Hospital Foundation (UHF) is one of the most successful hospital fundraising organizations in Canada, raising support for the University of Alberta Hospital, the Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute, and the Kaye Edmonton Clinic. Over the past 10 years, the Foundation has raised over $187 million to support emerging ideas and technologies that advance excellence in patient care, education, and research daily.
UHF with Incite
In summer 2019, the UHF engaged Incite as it sought support to assess, clarify, and align its fund development efforts to connect with corporate stakeholders. By leveraging input from corporate donors, invested community members, and business influencers, the challenges and opportunities facing the UHF and its fund development efforts surfaced, allowing Incite to develop relevant recommendations and initiatives in the resulting corporate fund development strategy and execution plan. The UHF was then equipped with the strategies, messaging, and relationship-building activities needed to ensure its market position and messaging for corporate partners was clear and well-developed.
In August of 2020, the UHF re-engaged Incite to provide strategic advisory and create a framework establishing foundational structure of a more formalized corporate partnership program. The framework included the ideal corporate partner profile, a prospect list and relationship-building strategies, recommended partnership touchpoints, best practices around cultivating centres of influence, and unique partnership experiences. The recommendations focused around how best to deepen relationships with potential/current corporate donors in a meaningful way that provides return for both parties.
”Our deep history of working both with businesses looking to launch strategic community investment programs and non-profits looking to develop effective fund development strategies made for a strong fit when the University Hospital Foundation sought specialized assistance in enhancing their corporate relationships development efforts. The resulting corporate fund development strategy and corporate partnership framework is a testament to a synergistic relationship that will help the Foundation deliver results.Dania SpillettPartner, Incite
Through our work with UHF, Incite:
- Leveraged research and stakeholder consultations to help drive strategic fund development
- Provided strategic insight and direction regarding the UHF’s brand surrounding corporate donations
- Enabled the UHF to better position itself by understanding and meeting the needs of corporate donors in new ways
- Established cohesive messaging and strategies to guide consistent corporate fund development efforts
- Strengthened the UHF’s partnership efforts by developing a robust framework to guide corporate relationship development and expand long-term support from corporate donors
- Provided strategy advisory to the Director of Strategic Partnerships and Corporate Partnerships Officer as they developed supporting materials for the corporate partnership program and rolled out the program internally
”The team at Incite was supportive, knowledgeable, and provided consistent feedback and guidance as they supported us in the development of a new corporate partnership program. They were collaborative and responsive, and took the time to learn about our organization and industry in order to customize solutions to our challenges. They helped us understand the needs of the corporate community, and provided excellent insights and recommendations, so we can confidently deliver more impactful results for our partners.Lisa MunroChief Development Officer, UHF