Saturn Machine Works before Incite
Saturn Machine Works Ltd. (Saturn) was established in 1999. A CNC production machining shop, Saturn serves the oil and gas, mining, automotive, industrial, and electrical industries. Based in Edmonton, Alberta, Saturn is recognized as a high-quality provider of machined parts of all types, as well as prototypes and parts with complex geometries.
Seeking a strategy to support the launch of a set of new innovative products, Saturn engaged Incite in winter 2019 to lead in assessing the market opportunity and determine the most effective strategy for commercialization. The engagement was for Incite to assess the market, determine its value proposition, explore distribution options, evaluate pricing, and build an appropriate marketing strategy to drive product sales.
Saturn with Incite
Incite worked with the Saturn team, conducting research to inform the strategy including discussions on the market and competitive landscape, segmentation and growth opportunities, issues and challenges with commercialization, and opportunities to capitalize on. Incite developed specific activities and initiatives outlined in the resulting marketing and branding strategy to support their goals.
As Saturn moved to market its innovative products, it was important that when a prospective customer first interacts with the Saturn brand, that it looks and feels professional, credible, and established. Saturn wanted to achieve a modernized visual brand to reflect its differentiated value and convey credibility in the global market. The new Saturn identity increased its profile and reputation as a leader in the industry, clearly connecting the visual brand to Saturn’s established position. A strong identity ensures all Saturn touch points reflect the brand with the consistency, effectiveness and visual integrity required to build brand equity.
”Our work with Saturn augmented their innovative approach to solving complex problems in the oil and gas, mining, and industrial industries by developing a robust marketing product strategy. The development of Saturn’s articulated brand strategy, including positioning and messaging for each product offering, helped propel Saturn towards its future growth objectives.Jesse MeyerPartner, Incite
Through our work with Saturn, Incite:
- Developed a stronger understanding of the market and competitive landscape
- Determined where Saturn should focus, including market segmentation and new growth opportunities
- Determined Saturn’s competitive advantage and develop a compelling value proposition
- Articulated Saturn’s key messaging including key product messages
- Confirmed the best distribution and sales model, including pricing strategy
- Developed the right mix of sales and marketing tools to support growth
- Articulated the brand architecture (i.e. product vs product line vs Saturn)
- Identified Saturn’s ideal client segments and profiles
- Created a modern, consistent effective visual identity design for both product and organization
- Created brand experience guidelines including positioning, messaging, style and tone, logo assets and in-use examples
”Saturn developed a game-changing new product but we didn’t have the research or awareness of how to best take it to the market. Incite gave us a clear strategy and path forward. Not only that, but they gave us a whole new visual identity that will give us further credibility as we go out and market our product.Kurt R. FeigelPresident, Universe Machine