The Path Forward to Success
Once a robust strategy was developed, refined, and finalized, it was vital for Incite to lay out a clear path forward for CompuVision’s tactical communications surrounding the transaction close. These activities leveraged CompuVision’s already established and effective channels, and included details around methodology required to deliver the deal communications, provided a schedule of dates and trigger events, and assigned ownership of the communications tasks.
Communicating From the Inside Out
Prior to the all-staff and public deal announcements, Incite held a communications and change management training session to inform and equip senior and middle management. The training session focused on addressing the following questions:
- What are the communications best practices both teams should be following when informing others about the deal?
- What does our team know about change management and how does the change management process need to be implemented through deal close, announcement, and initial stages of integration?
- What are the most likely questions to be posed by front-line staff and clients?
Following the training session, management members felt confident in their role as ambassadors of the brand, champions for organizational change, and able to be supports for their team through both the deal close and into the first couple months of integration.
Outcomes That Accelerate Value
Incite helped deliver meaningful deal communications for the CompuVision and VC3 teams:
- A thorough understanding of relevant stakeholder groups and their communication needs, potential areas for concern, and effective mediums for communication
- Alignment on the narrative by identifying core messages for the merger given how it came about and the emerging benefits for all stakeholders
- Clear path forward with a solidified schedule of communications activities and details, trigger events, and execution ownership
- Understanding of responsibilities and expectations related to the merger communications rollout across all levels of internal management