With nine full-service lodges, Noralta Lodge Ltd. was a leading provider of premium accommodations to hundreds of companies across Northern Alberta. Noralta Lodge came to Incite in late 2017 during the final stages of closing a $420M deal with Civeo, an American, multinational, publicly traded corporation specializing in accommodation services. Noralta needed to strategically announce that Civeo, its number one competitor, would be acquiring it, and needed a plan to keep people focused, engaged, and confident throughout the 4- to 6-month transaction closing process.
Given the competitive nature of Noralta and Civeo’s past relationship, the announcement had the potential to trigger significant angst and questions amongst many of Noralta’s key stakeholders, and a crisis communications plan needed to be in place in the event the deal did not ultimately go through.
In less than a month, Incite designed and built a staff and client communications strategy, in addition to a 100-day action plan address potential issues before they arose. We worked closely with Noralta’s leadership team to support a smooth transition and setup for future integration with Civeo. As a result of our efforts, Noralta was able to retain 100% of its senior management during the transition, a key metric in ensuring the offering price was maintained through to closing.
”Incite’s advisory support before, during, and after the transaction was extremely valuable. They helped us articulate the right messaging and position the deal properly with Noralta’s key stakeholders, and helped us stay focused on the ‘important’ vs the ‘urgent.’ Ensuring our people were engaged, aligned, and bought in throughout the transition to Civeo was critical to the deal’s success, and Incite helped us make that happen.Corey SmithPresident & CEO, Noralta Lodge
Through our work with Noralta, Incite:
- Developed key messaging and accompanying communications stack to support rollout
- Crafted a 100-day action plan to guide all communications and culture integration efforts
- Supported Noralta leadership to execute townhalls, staff communications, and employee engagement activities
- Supported Noralta in its transaction communications with CIVEO and its professional advisory teams
- Led staff engagement process, including individual interviews, surveys, and management forums to ensure flight risks were identified, messaging was consistent, and morale was maintained
- Advised Noralta on a change management process to support integration
President and CEO (formerly) Noralta Lodge (now CIVEO)
”Our work with Noralta was a prime example of our ability to support clients through strategic transitions. The acquisition by Civeo had the potential to create some internal uncertainty, and by working closely with the Noralta leadership we were able to help clarify the opportunity the acquisition presented for Noralta’s people and build excitement for the road ahead.Ted KouriFounder & President, Incite