APS before Incite
Alberta Pensions Services Corporation (APS) works on behalf of Alberta’s private sector pension plans to guide pension services for more than 500 participating organizations across the province. With over 370,000 members and pensioners, APS manages pension plan funds in the amount of over $6 billion through receipts and disbursements to and from employers, members and other pension plans.
APS sought support for defining and developing a refocused strategic business plan, customer-centric service delivery plans, and a revised corporate scorecard. The purpose of this work was to provide guidance and direction for the organization as it managed significant changes to the business.
APS with Incite
Incite was engaged by APS in spring 2019 to lead in the development of a strategic business plan, client service delivery plans and a corporate scorecard.
Incite worked with APS to help define and develop a strategic business plan that provided guidance and direction for the organization as it managed significant changes in the sector. The strategic business plan helped to set the stage for the development of service delivery plans that further outlined activities and initiatives that APS would undertake in collaboration with its pension providers.
Through our work with APS, Incite:
- Worked effectively with both the APS and pension plan executive teams to establish trust and buy-in for a refocused approach for the business planning process
- Leveraged roundtables to solicit direct input from senior executives into the current issues, challenges, and opportunities facing APS and its stakeholders
- Developed specific activities and initiatives outlined in the resulting business and service delivery plans
- Evaluated and revised the corporate scorecard to measure both internal and external stakeholder perspectives regarding the operational success
- Ensured alignment of these two stakeholder groups, resulting in a clear and defined strategic direction
- Executed the engagement with short notice, delivering on time and on budget
”Incite helped to ensure alignment and collaboration between stakeholders in order to inform the development of the strategic business plan and the associated activities and initiatives that will help create a clear and defined strategic direction going forward.Jesse MeyerPartner, Incite
Through Incite’s help, APS:
- Worked effectively with stakeholder groups to establish understanding and trust
- Leveraged research and stakeholder consultations to help drive strategic planning
- Enabled APS to better position itself by understanding and meeting stakeholder needs in new ways
- Created a robust strategic business plan to assist APS moving forward
- Created client-specific service delivery plans to outline customer-centric activities and initiatives
- Enhanced the corporate scorecard to create alignment with both internal and external stakeholders
”The Incite team was well prepared, demonstrated substantial expertise, and were professionals in every sense. They were flexible and able to quickly demonstrate their value on a critical project with very challenging timelines. Incite’s commitment to client service and their efforts to quickly understand the unique challenges and opportunities of our business environment was truly appreciated.Doug WoloshynVP, Finance & CFO, Alberta Pensions Services Corporation